WLSSD COVID-19 Update: Solid Waste Facilities Phased Opening
Edit May 5, 2020: Sites are opening and wait times are long, please be prepared. You may also use available disposal alternatives, including:
- Delaying disposing of materials to avoid crowds
- Utilizing local garbage haulers who can provide special pickup services/dumpster rentals
- Self-hauling to private waste disposal sites: Demolicious, Normandy, and Veit. Call ahead to confirm hours and wastes accepted.
Solid waste facilities are coming back! WLSSD facilities will be reopening, with some changes to protect our staff and customers. Staff will be limiting the number of customers allowed in operating areas. These changes reflect public health officials’ recommendations to reduce close contact between people, and might result in a longer wait time and other delays.
Find complete facility opening dates, times, and locations on the Hours & Facilities page.
Site reopen dates:
Yard Waste Compost Site: Thursday, April 30
Materials Recovery Center: Tuesday, May 5
Household Hazardous Waste Facility: Thursday, May 7
Know Before You Go:
- Disposal services only, all reuse programs remain temporarily closed.
- Only go when necessary, consider waiting until later in the season.
- Wear a face covering.
- Follow staff directions and signs to limit the number of people in one area.
- At Household Hazardous Waste: pack your waste in the trunk of your vehicle or truck bed, or in the back seat if necessary. Stay in your vehicle, staff will let you know how to proceed.
- At Yard Waste Compost Site: bulk compost sales begin May 7.