• Compost material at home or bring to the WLSSD Yard Waste Compost Site (Hours).
• The WLSSD Yard Waste Compost Site is located at 27th Avenue West & Courtland Street, past the Household Hazardous Waste Facility.
• Materials accepted at no charge:
grass clippings, pine needles, pine cones
garden waste – including dead flowers, pea vines, pumpkins, apples, etc.
• All bagged and boxed material must be emptied from the bags or boxes and dumped at the site. Bags, boxes and other trash must be removed from the site.
• Brush is accepted for a fee at the Yard Waste Site or Materials Recovery Center.
Stumps and rootballs less than 4′ tall and 4′ in diameter are accepted at the WLSSD Materials Recovery Center only. Remove all branches and bulk of tree body from stump/root ball Branches will be disposed as brush, while the root ball is considered mixed waste.
• South St. Louis County rural: AJ’s Lawn and Landscaping, 6386 Hwy 2, Duluth, accepts leaves and grass clippings for composting. Food waste is NOT accepted. Call 218-729-4686 for more information.