• Compost material at home or bring to the WLSSD Yard Waste Compost Site (Hours).
• The WLSSD Yard Waste Compost Site is located at 27th Avenue West & Courtland Street, past the Household Hazardous Waste Facility.
• Materials accepted at no charge:
grass clippings, pine needles, pine cones
garden waste – including dead flowers, pea vines, pumpkins, apples, etc.
• All bagged and boxed material must be emptied from the bags or boxes and dumped at the site. Bags, boxes and other trash must be removed from the site.
• Brush is accepted for a fee at the Yard Waste Site or Materials Recovery Center.
• South St. Louis County rural: AJ’s Lawn and Landscaping, 6386 Hwy 2, Duluth, accepts leaves and grass clippings for composting. Food waste is NOT accepted. Call 218-729-4686 for more information.